Sunday, July 20, 2014

Burda 7652 View A


Aloha Dear Readers,

I have completed another Burda 7652 skirt, but this time I made view A.  You can see the first version of this skirt here, which is the longer skirt in view B, along with the technical drawing.

Again, I cut a size 10 and made no alterations except to only take up a one half inch seam on the sides instead of a 5/8 inch seam.  I inserted an invisible zipper.  This fabric came from a medium-weight cotton sarong that I purchased at Costco for $14.99 plus tax.  You never know where you might find good fabric!  Here is the finished skirt along with some close-up detail shots.

Side Front Pocket

Skirt Front with Pockets, 6 Pleats and Placket
Center Front Split

Invisible Zipper
That's all for now.  We are having a wet Sunday today as the remnants of former tropical cyclone Wali pass over the islands.  How's your weather been this weekend?

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely skirt and fabric from Costco!

kathy said...

Way too hot in Central Oregon. Wildfires mostly contained when I left this morning back to misty Willamette Valley which sunned back up in the afternoon.
It's nice to see different parts of Oregon.
I had the opportunity to go to Costco this weekend and I did not see fabric!

Cute skirt. That curved yoke suits your figure well.

velosewer said...

We had a cold and windy Saturday.
Love how you've found a sarong that suited your skirt style.

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

what a great skirt and now I have to keep an eye out at Costco for fabric ! all your fault! (just kidding - and I am so glad to be seeing your summery creations again)

Mary said...

The curved yoke is really nice and the CF split is a nice feature. You are the skirt goddess :-) How is the weather in my area? Gorgeous skies, occasional breezes, 100+ with a forecast of 110 this week (unusual). I have cabin fever.

Philippa said...

I love making skirts from sarongs and this one turned out particularly nicely. Weather wise in England it is a warm high of about 24 c for us most days. We complain it's too hot ;)

Kyle said...

Cute skirt!

Did you see any celebs while at Costco? :)

It is overcast today, in the low 80's and not humid at all, hurrah! 60's at night. Unusually cool.