Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another Burda 8281

Aloha Friends,

I have another Burda 8281 skirt to share with you.  It is amazing how much faster it goes when you immediately make another version of the same pattern.  For this Burda skirt I used a quilting cotton that I picked up on one of my travels to Oregon.  The selvage reads: E. Young. Women's Business copyright M&S Textiles Australia.  I love the print.  When I purchased this fabric I knew I would be making a skirt out of it.  I did not buy enough to match the print along the back or side seams, but I am not bothered by that since it is a "busy" print.  I like the layout on the front, and for the front piece I did not cut it on the bias so that I could have this particular layout.  The back pieces are cut on the bias, the skirt is fully lined, and it features an invisible zipper, just like the one in the previous post.  I do need to run to town to pick up some more hooks and eyes this morning.  I will add those to the waistband later today to complete the skirt. This is such a perfect pattern for cool, cotton, summery, skirts!

Enjoy the Day!

11 comments:

Mrs K said...

Love the fabric!

Linda said...

Great looking skirt! Love the fabric!

Sharon said...

Fantastic fabric and to think it came from "down under".

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Gorgeous print!

velosewer said...

I thought that print was a bit Australian. Nice work again.

Audrey said...

I love all the prints you have used for your recent skirts. They are so much fun. I'll bet your students(I am assuming the skirt dress code is for your teaching job) will look forward to seeing which one you wear each day.

Mary said...

Another winner!!

Kyle said...

ZOMG! I have that skirt pattern! I have been thinking about making the version with the "patches" on it for ages...but then wonder if the patches will make my hips look bigger or whatnot. :)

Your version looks fab and you're right, it's such a busy print, there's no need to line up the pattern.

Cennetta said...

Hi Pretty Lady,
It's been a long time since my last visit. I see you are doing well and making beautiful clothes.

Gail said...

Love the fabric.

Texan said...

I am with everyone else, love that skirt fabric! Love seeing all your skirts as I have recently discovered how much I like skirts!