Surprise! I have another t-shirt to share. Last year I focused my sewing on trying out a lot of different patterns. This year my goal is to expand and replace my wardrobe with clothes made from the patterns and styles that worked for me last year. This t-shirt is an example. I made a similar one back in this post, but the fabric was of poor quality. I still wear it, but wanted a nicer one to wear too. This is the result. It is made from a high quality, medium-weight, bamboo knit that I found at Emma One Sock some time ago. The colors are black and taupe. I have maintained the basic design with just a slight change in the sleeve length and width of the contrasting bands. I used my coverstitch machine to top-stitch around the neckband and to hem. This is a great video for how to apply binding around the neckline of a knit top. I didn't exactly use this method for my neckline, but I did use it on my sleeves. For my neckline, I wrapped my binding around the seam allowance, then top-stitched it in place and trimmed the excess.
Burda 7371, View A. I hope to have those completed this week. Thank you all for your comments on the last post. I think that t-shirt is going to get worn to death. I just love the tie-dye print and weight of the fabric. Aloha!
Pattern Review: Retro Butterick B6734 Dress
3 hours ago