Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another Skirt and Some Catching Up


Aloha,

Thanks for your thoughts on the last outfit!  I finished another skirt using New Look 6164 in another great print from Gorgeous Fabrics.  I like how Christmasy this outfit feels with the cherry red accents.  I was also pleased to find out that when I put the black top on, the one I finished in the last post, I actually liked it better than the day I made it.  These fabrics are so comfortable too.  So I guess the black top will get plenty of wear with both these skirts.  I also found a lovely red cardigan at Old Navy to wear with this particular skirt.

 A close-up of the fabric:
In other sewing news, I made curtains!  Lots of curtains for the front room and dining room.  I actually finished these before Thanksgiving, but am just now getting around to posting them.  When you love to sew clothes, curtains are such a chore, but I am so glad to have gotten them made.  They soften the space, and they are dark enough to help keep the rooms cooler from the light and heat of the sun.

And if yards and yards of curtains weren't enough to suck away my sewing time in the past month.  How about this little fellow?  He is an early Christmas present for my oldest DS.  I love Freckles to death, but my oldest has always loved pugs, and all the boys wanted the experience of having a puppy.  So here is the little culprit who woos me away from sewing for attention, treats, and training.  Seriously, how could I not be wooed away with that cute face?  His name is Boulder.
  Thank goodness there are down times like this too!
Hope everyone is having a great week!

Update:  In case any one was wondering.  I still have Freckles.  She will always be my girl!  She and Boulder can't settle down long enough for me to get a picture of them together without it being blurry.  Here is a recent shot of my sweet girl.  Now we are a two dog home.

27 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Your new outfit is really nice, and I am amazed at your lovely curtains.

Mrs K said...

I love your skirt fabric - a very nice outfit. Great job on the curtains.

Lori said...

Great skirt, beautiful fabric. Also nice job on the curtains,you are right home dec isn't as fun as clothes.

Andrea said...

Very nice outfit. Knits are wonderful, aren't they?!
Curtains are definitely boring - I have been putting it off myself. You certainly made a lot of curtains!
Oh my, the pug is precious! Love a sleeping puppy. :-)

Jenny said...

Great outfit! I love the skirt fabric, I had seen that at Georgeous Fabrics as well. Nicely done!

Judi Pinkham said...

Your skirt is pretty! Curtains...I'm making them too. :( Yours look nice...worth the time to make them. But oh my...Boulder steals the show!!! Sooooo adorable!

Jen S said...

What a lovely outfit. I agree that the print is very 'Christmassy'. Congrats on the curtains - have never made curtains myself - am not overly fussed on home dec.

Karin said...

Your new Xmas outfit is pretty. And it is Christmassy without being so over the top that you cannot wear it at other times. Black, Red and White is a classic combo.

I know what you mean about home decorating being a chore. I do agree that it is nice to have it done though.

The new puppy is adorable. How nice that the two dogs are getting along well.

pdiddly said...

love the new skirt looks great the way you have put it together. Curtains - I had to make way too many Roman blinds for my cottage and the flat last year so know exactly how you feel.

As for your new little baby, despite being a "big dog" girl myself, he is just so sweet how can you not fall in love with him.

Sue said...

Love the skirt - the fabric is perfect! Cute as puppy! ...and the curtains - yes boring to sew, but really help with lifestyle so worth it!

Coco said...

busy person! I agree, curtains are a necessary chore, but they look so nice. Boulder is precious, what a name! Skirt - love it. Really into red/black combos, looking good!

Gorgeous Things said...

First off - what a great outfit! I love your last skirt too. They look fabulous on you.

And Boulder! What a great name!!! Freckles is such a pretty girl. I bet they keep eachother occupied.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very pretty outfit and will be perfect for a Christmas function.

The new puppy is adorable as is your dog freckles :)

I'm with everyone on curtains...make them but not my favorite, but love the results. Yours look great!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very pretty outfit and will be perfect for a Christmas function.

The new puppy is adorable as is your dog freckles :)

I'm with everyone on curtains...make them but not my favorite, but love the results. Yours look great!

gwensews said...

Super skirt and really a terrific print. Nice job on the curtains. I dislike wrestling with volumes of fabric, but sometimes it's necessary. Good luck with your new fur child.

Alexandra said...

I love your skirt, the fabric is gorgeous...I love your dogs too! Hope you are having a great week.

knottygnome said...

aww, congrats on the puppy! so cute.

Trudy Callan said...

Gorgeous skirt. You choose the prettiest fabrics. Love your curtains. too. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Rachelle said...

Your new skirt is gorgeous. I loved the fabric. The curtains are lovely. It's all the little things that make a house a home and so they are well worth the effort. I noticed Boulder is tucked into someone's arm for the pictures. He is so adorable but that just melted my heart. My three boys love, love, love our dog. I grew up in a strictly no pets house but I am so glad that we let our boys have a dog. It is a very special and uniquely loving relationship isn't it. I love that you have included Freckles in the post too. What a gorgeous girl.

Cennetta said...

Your Freckles and Boulder are so cute. BTW- I like your outfit and the curtains. I bought NL6164 at the last sale. It was good seeing it made up.

velosewer said...

The skirt print is great. You look like you are ready for Christmas in your new outfit.
I like your curtains too. The puppies are adorable.

Janine said...

Your dogs are just adorable -they quickly become an integral part of the family. Great outfit too !

Lori said...

Shannon, left you an award on my blog, check it out.

fabric epiphanies said...

Your puppy is very cute. My kids would love a second one but my dog has just settled down and she is 5 years old.

Your skirts is lovely. It is festive without being obviously festive.

I dislike making curtains with a passion but sometimes they are a necessary evil. I thermal lined mine and they are great for keeping out the heat in summer and keeping it in in winter.

pdiddly said...

I have bestowed the Very Inspiring Blog Award to you http://psewing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/blogger-award.html - I love your blog.

Myra said...

Love your skirt! Looks like you're still wearing that recent top you made too! :) Happy to see that because it is very pretty on you!

The last time I made curtains was out of necessity many years ago, because I couldn't find what I wanted in the color I needed. Although they were successful, I agree, it was truly a boring sew! I love yours!

kathy said...

Once you sew drapes, then starts the slippery slope of sewing for others.
My husband has had me sew a cockpit cover and luggage compartment for the plane. My son had me make him a chalk bag for rock climbing, my daughter had me ...

Fun to get a puppy. I am looking at getting another dog to keep my older dog company.

I've been knee deep in too much work to be sewing so I had to catch up on your posts.

Merry Christmas!