Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another New Look 6033 in Teal

Hello Again!  Lots of sewing going on here.  How about you?  Some I can show you, and some that will have to wait until the big reveal.  So today, I've squeezed in another version of New Look 6033.
I've used a knit that has been in my stash for a couple of years, at least, that came from Fabric.com.  It is a dark, jade colored, cotton, jersey with a slubby texture that has no lycra or spandex in it.  This fabric feels super soft and cool, especially when made up into a version of view C, which has the airy fluttery sleeves.  Once again, I did not put the elastic in at the waist, but rather finished the hem with a band of fabric like I did in my previous version of this top.  Since this fabric does not have good recovery, I cut my hip band smaller.  (Length 32.5", 1/4" seam, 7" wide.  Folded over to make a 3.5" finished band width.)
This next picture shows the truest color of the fabric along with the texture.
  Here's the top with the white shorts I made in the last post.  I love this color with white!
I've tried to show with these pictures the five areas of gathering around the neckline.  There is gathering at the center V, over the sleeves, and at the back.  This is the only drawback to the pattern, if you find gathering tedious, like I do.  But if you can stick it out, the finished top is awesome!

I thought you might like to know that my son's team won the championship for his division at the soccer tournament last week.  This is the first championship they have won.  Way to go team!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

annie said...

Not on topic, I know, but I really like your sandals! Top is pretty spiffy too.

Shannon said...

What an easy, breezy outfit and congrats to your son!

Dharma said...

Congratulations to your son and his team!!! Cute top. I like the "v" neck with the gathers-very flattering.

Kyle said...

Great top.
LOVE your matching sandals!!
Congrats to your son for winning the championship!

katherine h said...

I love that colour combo. So summery!

velosewer said...

You are so well put together.
Congrats to your son and his soccer team.

pdiddly said...

I like both versions of your top, but I do like this colour (think it matches your shoes). Well done to your son's team.

Karin said...

Well done to your son!
The teal colour of your new top looks great against white shorts.

Janine said...

you must be very proud - congrats on the win.
You do always sew the best combinations - I am very inspired by your outfits.

Gabrielle said...

This is a great colour, and I love those flutter sleeves!

Congratulations to your son, well done!

Linda said...

Love this top! So summery feeling.

MareeAlison said...

I love your top. It looks so comfortable and cool. Well done to your son. He must be feeling very proud as I imagine, are you. :)

Sue said...

That is a lovely, flattering top and the colour is so good on you.

Bri said...

I always hold back on tops that have the fitted band at the bottom, the thinking behind that is that 1) they never sit in the right place and 2) I imagine I would constantly fiddle with the bottom!
Obviously this is not a concern for you since this is not your first go at this pattern and you look so lovely and comfortable here!

Congrats to your son and the rest of his team, I used to love playing soccer, today I was busy cheering on Canada against the US at the Olympics (Stupid bad calls by the ref!).

Anonymous said...

Your top is very cute and inspiring.
You mentioned that gathering is tedious. Have you tried the zig zag over fishing line trick? I actually enjoy gathering since I learned this tip over twenty years ago.
Carrie

gwensews said...

What a pretty top. Awesome color, and shoes that match! Go team, go!

fabric epiphanies said...

I hadn't thought of putting a band on a loose top. I like the look and the colour of your new top.

Congratulations to your son. My daughter plays as well and is trialling this weekend for our rep team but here we call it football.

Carolyn said...

What a cute top. I love the colour, and it looks terrific with white shorts :)

kathy said...

Great top. I like the gathers at the various sections. Cool.
Cheers for the son too.

Lisa said...

A very lovely top for Summer. I have ordered this pattern after seeing yours. I would also omit the elastic and the band is a great addition. ( watch out for a clone very soon !! )