I used a magenta colored linen-cotton blend and made view A. I constructed the pattern exactly as described (size 10) except for making my own self-fabric bias tubes for the front ties. I like the seaming and topstitching details, but because there is a lot of both, this pattern does take some time and concentration to put together. For most of the topstitching I also created flat fell seams to encase the raw edges on the inside. Since I didn't have enough thread in this color to thread my serger, I finished the other raw edges with my pinking shears. It is interesting how the front facing is what creates the pockets. You topstitch across the bottom so that the pocket depth doesn't go all the way to the curve at the bottom. This was a new design detail for me.
I've styled it with a simple mesh top I made quite a while ago and a pair of jeans.
Here are some closer shots to show the bias cut lower half of the back,