Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another Jalie 2919

Its been another busy week here.  How about you?  I am glad the weekend has arrived.  Today I finished a gift for my best friend.  She will soon be taking a trip to the cold mid-western United States and hopefully this will help to keep her warm.  I have made Jalie 2919 again with a double-sided, grey, ponte knit from Marcy Tilton's website.  Unfortunately, this exact fabric no longer seems to be available, but there are plenty of other double-sided knits to enjoy perusing. 
Close-up of fabric
Shawl collar made with horizontal striped side of fabric.
A much anticipated trip to the mainland is coming up for me too!  I can hardly contain my excitement.  I plan to visit all my old familiar fabric shops and hopefully a couple of new ones too.   I had intended to take this trip last October, but my plans were thwarted by a health issue, which thankfully is all cleared up now.  So it's time to go, and go I will!  Do you know how hard it was to postpone fabric shopping last fall?  I really don't know how I survived!  Well, maybe I do.  It is all those awesome fabric shops on the web that let an island girl like me stay stocked up on some pretty amazing cuts! Thank you!  And thank you to all my dear readers who come by for a visit! 

I think it's time to have a reader appreciation give-away before I go, maybe spread some of the joy and excitement around!  This is going to be quick, since I leave on Monday, but if you are a regular reader, located anywhere on this planet, and would like to be included in a random drawing to win the market bag and Maui pin below, then leave a comment, with your email in this format: upcountrymom"at"yahoo"dot"com, and you will be included in a random drawing to take place on Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm Hawaii time.  I will send you an email right away, and if you respond quick enough, I will get this off to you on Monday before I leave the ROCK.  Don't worry I do plan to return in case I miss you on Monday ;-)

PS: I have not heard from my last Facebook winner, located in Australia, (December 14th drawing), and I had no way of messaging you. (Scroll back and you will see who you are.)  You will have one more chance to respond here, or the FANcy bag will also be given away on Sunday night.  Don't miss out, I sure do appreciate you "liking" my FB page!  Good Luck and thanks for visiting!!!

23 comments:

Kris C. said...

Love the turtles in that bag! And I would love to win it! (kclementsdvm at gmail.com)

The cardigan is making me seriously consider buying that pattern - your friend should really enjoy it!

Faye Lewis said...

Love your cardigan and the fabric.

Beverly said...

Love reading your blog & would love to win that bag. Beverly
(swimwiththesharks at hotmail.com)

Raye Ann said...

My 20 month old daughter is seriously in love with turtles right now. I can image how much she would love to shop with " the turtle bag"!
And, thanks to your blue patterned Jalie cardigan, my pattern arrived a couple of days ago. Its all traced and ready. I always enjoy your blog and your finished projects. Thanks for lots of inspiration!

Vanessa said...

Your friend is lucky to have you sew such a beautiful cardigan for her! I'm sure it will look great on her!

velosewer said...

I'm on the look out for a reversible knit this season. Yours is lovely.

Have a great time on the mainland and I'm very pleased that the health issues have been resolved.

Enjoy.

Mararangi said...

I love the cardigan, I want to find a similar pattern in one of the fashion magazines I have all over the house. I also like the turtle bag, I don't know if you ship to Europe... in case you do
mararangi57 at gmail.com

Mary said...

Wonderful blog and such a cute giveaway.
stylememary at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

You are a good friend!
I've just recently made the Jalie cardigan in a black ITY. A beefier knit would give it warmth!

And I love the bag!!!
bwohlgemuth"at"mymts"dot"net

Enjoy increasing your stash! (I didn't need to say that, did I???!!!!)

Brenda

Beangirl said...

I love the cross-stripes on the collar. This is such a fabulous jacket, I really need to pick up that pattern (of course, you keep making these nice, well-sewn versions... I can't be guaranteed to do the same, that's for sure!).

I hope you have a fabulous trip to the mainland!

Karin said...

Your cardigan is lovely! It looks very expensive and chic and comfortable. Have a great time on the mainland!

sewing spots said...

Your friend is extremely lucky! Hope you have safe travels and lots of fun shopping and visiting!
thesewingspot "at" gmail "dot" com

Anonymous said...

What a great bag-love the color! And how so sweet to sew something so nice for your friend, it turned out perfect.

mamasewing"at"gmail"dot"com

MayMade said...

I made a version of that cardigan for my mom for Christmas, and she loved it! Your second one looks so cozy!

I'd love to win the market bag and pin. Thanks!

rmacoskey (at) gmail (dot) com

kathy said...

I looked at Mill End Store with my friend for fabric to make this cardi. No luck but I will keep looking.
I think we are finished with snow in March in Oregon now. . .

Anonymous said...

I love your creations!
dusheck"at"netins"dot"net

pdiddly said...

great cardi - enjoy your trip to the Mainland

Janine said...

lucky friend - homemade gifts are so special - with the time and thoughts involved. enjoy your trip to the mainland.

Kyle said...

What a fab gift! Isn't ponte the BEST?
Enjoy your trip back home!

Bri said...

You're making good use of this pattern and i'm sure you're friend will love this and it will certainly be able to go with many things!

Please enter me into your give away for this lovely market bag with awesome turtles!

shoesaremymuse "at" gmail "dot" com

Angela said...

I love it!!!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

What a lovely gift! It looks like the perfect layer for cool weather.

Myra said...

Nice cardi Shannon! Question...was the Ponte Roma knit a little heavy for this pattern? It doesn't appear to be by the look of your your photo. However when I made this pattern, I used a Rayon Lycra knit. I would love to have a heavier version for the winter months too, but concerned that it won't hang the same. Can you share your thoughts with me? Thank you.