I got so caught up in my fit issues that when I laid out the final pattern on my fabric, I didn't pay attention to the direction of the print. Bummer, because I would have preferred that the print run in the opposite direction. Thankfully, it is a subtle error, so I don't think it is too noticeable that the Bird of Paradise are upside down! I also washed and dried this fabric prior to construction and the silk did just fine.
Anyway, here is the final look.
|The top is Butterick 6085, blogged about here.|
For my first round of fitting on the front, I shaved off about 3/8" from the inner leg seam right there at the crotch and tapered back into the original seam line at about the knee. When I made my second muslin, I realized that it didn't shorten the crotch enough, so I went back and slashed the pattern horizontally and overlapped at the front crotch seam about 3/8". This still wasn't enough, so I also cut 3/4"off the top, tapering back into original side height. In the photo below, you can see the line drawn across the top of the pattern, before I cut it off.
PS: Sz asked if the silk fabric was available online. I am happy to report that yes it is! You can find it here, at www.gotfabric.com. Hope that helps!