Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Simple Gift

Can you believe we are down to three days now?  Seriously, where has December gone?  I think I can wipe the sweat from my brow and say, "Woo Hoo!"  I've finally finished all the family gifts I wanted to get sewn before Christmas.  This last one is a simple market bag with short handles.  I didn't use a pattern.  The body of the bag is lined and the top is turned down like a cuff, so that you can see the pretty print.  I made the handles by putting 12/32" cotton filler cord inside the center of the straps so that they are comfortable to grab.  I then stitched them on the bag at the level of the cuff.  One nice thing about this design is that the cuff hides the stitches where the handles are attached.  This bag has a nicer quality burlap on the outside with a vegetable dyed cotton print on the inside.  I really like the rugged look of it.


I'd also like to take a moment to say that I have a winner on Facebook for the crossbody bag give-away held in early December.  If you are a fan, be sure to check to the wall posts to see if it is you!  Mele Kalikimaka Online Ohana!  I hope you all have some time off this season to fellowship with the ones you love! 
Christmas colors Maui style!

14 comments:

Kat said...

It's fantastic that you have the talent to make beautiful presents for your family! The recipients will feel very special, no doubt.

Have a lovely Christmas!

velosewer said...

Have a relaxing Christmas. The bag is lovely.

Mary said...

Wonderful market bag!! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Marie said...

Merry Christmas. I have been sewing so many sewn gifts this year I am inspired to make more gifts for next year.

StephC said...

Well done!

All the red flowers are out in force here in Brisbane, too. It's kind of charming, much more so than the fake snowflakes (honestly... snowflakes??!) put up in shop windows to commemorate the season... I've been photographing them like mad.

Carolyn said...

This is gorgeous.. I love the rustic look and this is very much to my taste too.

Wishing you a very merry Christmas Shannon, and an equally productive and creative New Year!

Uta said...

Sometimes simple is best! I'd love to take this bag to market. Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Irene said...

The bag looks wonderful!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kyle said...

Mele Kalikimaka to you and your ohana too!

I enjoy your wearable and totable creations, and also your level of productivity!

Kyle said...

and, of course, the Hawaiianna!!!

Myra said...

Very nice present! You're making someone very, very happy!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Shannon.

Alexandra said...

Merry Christmas! xx

Sheila said...

Wishing you a beautiful holiday.

Carolyn said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Shannon, and a joyous and creative New Year to come!