Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Sigh of Relief!

Big News!!!!   I finished my Burda jacket tonight at 9:00 p.m.  It's too late to take pictures, but I will be doing a post tomorrow in the daylight.  I can't even tell you the sense of relief I feel to have this finished.  It was so hard to stay focused on just this project.  For everyone who chimed in with an encouraging word along the way, "THANK YOU!"  It helped me so much to push through, and I am pleased with the end result.  Here are a couple more detail shots:
Front button closure.
Hand stitched lined back vent. 
Time to do a Happy Dance, because I get to have a wondering eye for new patterns:
Perhaps a vest/skirt combo?  Or a simple knit dress?  Anything that doesn't have 16 pattern pieces please!
And new fabrics:

"Pure bliss I tell you!"  I'll be back with you tomorrow after an early morning soccer game :)

11 comments:

Janine said...

congrats on finishing this mammoth task - Can`t wait to see it .
I have got a Claire Shaeffer jacket pattern in my sewing queue and I have started procrastinating already - it has been on my bedside table for the last month all ready just to read through the instructions as step one says to do.

Linda said...

Yeah! I can feel the excitement of having finished this project. Good for you. I am sure it is going to look great on you.

Sheila said...

Checked out your previous posts and your jacket looks great. Also lovely fabric haul. What will become of the black fabric.

Andrea said...

Congratulations on perservering -- you'll love your jacket, I'm sure! And I love the idea of vest/skirt combo ... it's something in the back of my mind as well.

Lori said...

Congrats on finishing the jacket, you will really enjoy your jacket and now onto the next project.

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

Can't wait to see this finished jacket, I am loving the fabric.

Susan said...

Congratulations!Can't wait to see the finished jacket.

Eugenia said...

Oh you tease! I'm so looking forward to getting a good look at your jacket. You definitely deserve to make yourself something fun and quick now - I like the look of your possible projects!

sewing spots said...

What a great feeling! Congrats on persevering to the end.

Marie said...

Fantastic. Always a relief to get those longer projects finished. I am looking forward to seeing the final result of the jacket.

Kyle said...

Congratulations! That is SO exciting!
I have that PR pattern too and it is high in my sewing queue!!