I have just finished the collar and side seams this evening. My collar/lapel is not perfect, but overall I'm happy with it. I have a little bit of puckering on one side where the collar joins the lapel. I realize what I did wrong after reading Sherry's excellent instructions on this portion of the jacket construction. Uhmm...I should have read them before I began construction! I needed to leave a little gap where the upper collar joins with the lapel. You can read more about that here at Sherry's blog. (I have used Pro-Weft fusible interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply throughout this jacket, and I am really happy with how it is looking.) It's funny, my first welt pocket turned out really nice, but I struggled with the second. I have to admit, I am kind of glad that the fabric wasn't too expensive ($5.00/yd.), because there will definitely be some imperfections. Okay, here is the current state of the jacket. I have the hem, sleeves, lining and buttonholes left to construct. I feel like I've made it through the toughest parts, so I am hoping the rest is all downhill.
shop. The holiday season is just around the corner and I am trying to keep my inventory well stocked! Here are some fun and eye-catching new prints.
|Maui County Fair 2011|