Today was a day filled with activities, but I managed to sew a little bit here and a little bit there to complete my second rendition of Butterick 5649. This time I made it in a linen/cotton blend with just a touch of Lycra. I found this fabric for $2.50/yd. at Walmart quite some time ago. It was a dream to sew. The funny thing is, I kept forgetting to set my stitch length the same on several different areas of top-stitching. Good thing I used a top-stitch thread color that blended with with fabric. Otherwise I would have gone back and fixed those areas where the stitch length doesn't match. To jazz things up, I added a cargo pocket from New Look 6005 (see below), and I added belt carriers. I also finished the front and back with a flat fell seam. I will show the skirt in a complete outfit once I have the plaid top finished. Here are the details in picture form.
I'll be back soon with the plaid top. Aloha and good night!
MMM.D24 :: A Bit of Purple&Yellow
21 minutes ago