On to my first garment in the new space. I really need shorts! I splattered paint on a couple of my older, ill-fitted, rtw, pairs while I was in the midst of my remodel. I am replacing them with a couple of better fitted pairs. Here is the first.
I used a blend of two patterns to create these; Burda 7746 and V1204. You've seen both of these made up as pants in previous posts. For this pair of shorts, which I plan to make again, I've mostly used the Burda pattern, but I've borrowed the waistband and back pockets from the Vogue pattern. This version is made out of a 100% cotton, camo print, twill from FFC. They have a 5" inseam and about 2" of ease in the hip, in case you might be wondering. I liked the colors in this print more than anything and thought they would be nice for outside activities. Once I received the fabric, I also found out it has a U.S. Air Force logo hidden in the print. Here are some close-ups of the pocket details.
|A blog post on the sweater can be found here.|
|Styled with a rtw tank top.|