Happy Monday!!! Do you feel swamped this week? Boy I sure do! It's all good, just busy! I hope you will bear with me, but I am still on a tank dress and nautical kick. Even though the pattern is the same as in the last post, I decided to make this version out of a matte jersey, which also came from the stash, and I added a couple of different details.
The first thing was to find out whether matte jersey was a good option for this pattern. I think the answer is, "Yes!"
The second thing I did was to add a contrasting neckband in a textured white fabric. The texture matches the way the rope looks in the print of the dress. The fabric for the neckband wasn't very stretchy so it did not lay flat once I attached it. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just make a dart at the center front to pull it in." "Uh oh", that left a pucker in the center front below the V. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just make a covered button with the same fabric and call it a design detail." Problem solved.
The only other difference is this dress is about 2 inches longer than the Sporty Stripes dress. By the way, thank you all for your positive feedback on that dress. I have already worn it twice. The first time was a fun day at the park with my boys and a friend and her boys. I paired it with some knee length white knit shorts. The second time was dinking around the house. No...I didn't say drinking around the house...I said dinking...although that probably isn't the right word either. I should probably have said working around the house :)
Ah, but here is the new, dressier version.
1 hour ago