Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Up Next Comfy Clothes

Hello everyone.  Hope you all had a good weekend and your week is off to a good start.  It's hard to believe tomorrow is already Wednesday.  Yikes!  I have been working on bags for the shop these past few days.  I really love making these and love the process of coming up with print and color combinations.  But it's time to tear myself away from that, because fashion sewing is calling my name again, and I feel a hankering for a comfy outfit.  I will be using New Look 6189, which is an older pattern.  I will be making the short skirt and the short hooded jacket.  I have some doubleknit, called Gila Nutmeg, from Vogue Fabrics.  I can't wait to sew with this fabric.  I've been encouraged reading other's reviews of how easy it is to work with.  I'd actually like to make the long skirt version too, but I don't have enough of this color.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for another fabric in the future.  Perhaps a french terry or a two-sided knit would be nice. 
Here's a parting shot of one of the colorful new bags for my shop.  And thank you everyone who took the time to comment on the orange skirt!  I look forward to wearing the outfit soon!

12 comments:

Sue said...

Your bags are such a great size and you use really gorgeous, colourful fabrics.

The pattern looks like it will make up into a nice casual, comfy outfit. The little camisole top looks handy too.

Andrea said...

Your bags are adorable and look like they can hold quite a bit.

I can't wait to see your version of that New Look pattern. I love comfy clothes.

Kyle said...

The hoodie sort of looks like it's a shawl collar from the front and I love shawl collars!!
Love the honu on the bag!
How about the volcano???

Carolyn said...

Hmm, yes, fashion sewing is always calling my name too... and I really should get onto some curtains! But so boring!
Your new little outfit promises to be cute.
I liked the bright orange skirt too. I made one for myself last year, and it is so amazingly versatile and useful.

Lori said...

Another cute bag. Can't wait to see the new outfit.

Eugenia said...

I love the look of that New Look pattern - I think it will be comfy but very stylish. I think you will enjoy working with the double-knit, I have found it easy to work with and nice to wear.

bg-booms said...

Very nice handbag! It's ideal for seaside rest!
I'm waiting your new outfit! I think it'll be great!

Vanessa said...

That New Look pattern looks like a great comfy outfit! Personally, I really like their patterns.

mom said...

LOVE IT!!!

Caroline said...

ooooh, fun. have you used the strappy tank in this pattern yet? I'm curious to know what you think of it. I made a strappy tank from a different New Look pattern and will definitely make modifications next time.

I had a gold dressy blouse all ready to cut out, but the sewing mojo wasn't there, so I'm working on a second Jalie running skirt, with just a few modifications. Once I set the blouse aside, I was excited to sew again... funny how one is "in the mood" for certain types of sewing sometimes.

Alexandra Mason said...

Love your bag and looking forward to seeing your skirt and jacket!

Myra said...

Ohhh how I love comfy clothes too! Can't wait to see what you do with this pattern! Another cute bag too!