Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sneak Peek #8

Hello everyone!  Did you have the opportunity to see the moon last night?  I wasn't convinced I'd be able to see it, because we had some cloud cover all day yesterday.  But by evening the clouds began to dissipate, and I had a nice glimpse.   I wish my camera would have done a better job capturing the glory, but I'd like to share a version of what I saw with you anyway.

On the sewing front, I am well underway on my next project; a pair of shorts and a knit top.  The fabric is a tencel or rayon denim from Fabric Mart from Calvin Klein that I bought sometime last year.  It's silvery black in color with a sheen.  The knit is a pink, gray, cream stripe from FFC.  I also decided to wear my bold zebra pants all day last Wednesday, even to run errands.  I can confirm that the pattern makes for an extremely comfortable pair of pants, but DO NOT cut your fabric with the stretch running vertical.  I had so many wrinkles around my hip at the end of the day, so I will definitely be coming up with a long tunic type top to wear with them.  They are too comfortable and funky to get rid of.  So I will find a way to make them work.  Thanks to all of you who left comments.  I sure do appreciate your thoughts!
The current state of my sewing table.
I am excited about the Pay It Forward challenge.  Thank you to the three who have signed up!  There are still two slots available if you'd like to play along.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your progress looks great so far!
Can you believe I didn't even see the moon last night? I got so busy I forgot, but my hubby saw it. He wasn't impressed. I guess he would like shooting stars or something!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Your moon looks gorgeous...we too had a beautiful bright moon last night.

Sharon said...

Beautiful shots! Alas, the clouds never cleared and we were unable to view the moon. We had the telescope set up and finally purchased a tripod for the camera in preparation. Oh well...

Myra said...

Beautiful shot of the moon! We were not able to see because of the clouds, so this is really nice to see! Can't wait to see the completion of your next project!

Sue said...

The moon is beautiful. A pity about your pants but if you can make a top to cover that bit then they will still be wearable. I loved the look with the shorter top but am keen to see how they look with a tunic-style top.

Carolyn said...

We sat out and enjoyed the moon too last night, and as we had no cloud cover it seemed eerily bright and close to us and a wee bit spooky!
When I read your remark in the previous post that the zebra print fabric had the stretch that particular way, I was worried about that stretch factor, it's such a pity that they chose to print the stripes that way and not the other way with regard to the stretch! But they are such fabulous pants, and obviously very comfortable to wear too. Nice one!
I like your shorts fabric!