Saturday, March 12, 2011

Looking Ahead

Aloha online ohana (family)!  I want to again express my gratitude for the caring comments over the last couple of days.  While Hawaii has some clean-up and repairs, it's nothing compared to what has happened to Japan.  Since I live here, I am able to volunteer my time where I can help, but I also wish to donate to the aid Japan will need in the immediate future.  With this goal in mind, I will be adding more bags to my shop throughout Saturday and Sunday, including 3 more batiks.  For every bag sold this weekend, $5.00 will be donated to the International Red Cross fund earmarked for Japan.   Here are a couple of lovelies I have just added:

On the fashion sewing front I am over-the-top excited to join Sherry in the RTW Tailoring Sew-A-Long.  I have been wanting to make a boyfriend jacket for a long time.  This is just what I needed to kick start this project.  It will be fun to choose a pattern and fabric over the next couple of weeks.  A big Mahalo to Sherry for hosting this.  

4 comments:

mom said...

Oh YAH!!!...LOVE~LOVE~LOVE...the tie/dye. If you don't move that one, let me know! Lovin' you! ~ mom

Vanessa said...

Nice bags! And it's great that you are donating toward a worthy cause, they are going to need a lot of help! I look forward to seeing how the sew-a-long goes!

Cissie said...

So happy that you and yours are okay. I'll continue to pray for those who were not so fortunate.
Cissie

Anonymous said...

What brand coverstitch machine do you own?