Burda 7489 works up into a good looking pair of dressy shorts. All of the details are worth the extra sewing effort from the button down belt loops to the cargo pockets. I haven't finished the knit top that I have planned to go with these, but it's coming! Again, I made these in a tencel or rayon denim looking fabric that is nearly black and has a nice sheen in real life. I've stood in front of a bright window to take these pictures so that you can see the details.
Side and Back:
The belt carriers do not have buttonholes. I have sewn my buttons directly to the carriers. I have not added a cuff to the shorts yet. I will see how I like them with the cuff and post an outfit picture next with the completed knit top. This pattern, as with most Burda's I've made, is drafted flawlessly. The instructions are easy to follow. However, there was one minor error in the instruction's diagram for the belt carriers. At number 24 it tells you to stitch the carriers together as illustrated, but if you do they will be stitched together wrong. All you have to do is fold the carrier in half, right sides together, and stitch up one side and the bottom, not all the way around, as in the illustration.
I look forward to moving on to my knit top now that this detail laden pattern is complete. These shorts took longer than I thought, but I am happy I made them. The fit is fabulous and I will certainly be making more! Hope your sewing adventures are going favorably for you this week. I'm a bit behind with my blog reading, but I hope to catch up soon!
Making my sewing studio part two
1 hour ago