Sunday, February 27, 2011

What a Week

Hello everyone!  I don't have anything new to show you tonight, but I wanted to check in.  I was feeling so sassy and confident after my last outfit posting, but that feeling quickly evaporated when I woke up the next morning with the stomach flu.  Let me just say, it's been a long week!  I managed to get some bags made,  and I am feeling much better, but I have really struggled with fatigue the past several days.

I am happy to report that today was different.  I went to church and wore my Avatar dress.  This is still one of my favorites!  I also went for a run tonight. I was a whole minute per mile slower than my normal, but I managed to get four miles in, and I am feeling re-energized.  I sure didn't feel like going for a run, but sometimes you just have to push through the apathy to get jump started!

On the sewing front, I've plotted my next outfit which will be a combination of a couple of Burda patterns, both new to me.  I'm not totally sure on the fabric for the skirt yet, but the blouse will be a linen blend in an off-white color.  The blouse is cut out.  I like the shape of the sleeve and the button tab detail.   
Since I don't have anything new to show you, how about a couple of outfits from the sewing archives?
Both skirts were made with Kwik Sew 3513.  I shortened the length and layered the mauve and brown one.  I also left the hem unfishished on this one.  The fabric for the black stormy looking print came from Emma One Sock and is a rayon/lycra knit, and the fabric for the other came from the Fabric Fairy and is a bamboo/lycra knit.  A neat feature of the skirt is a wide self-fabric waistband that folds down on itself.  The top on the mauve outfit is made with Jalie 2804.  I remember I had to add some width to the hip area or this top would have been way too tight on the lower half.  I wore both these outfits quite a lot in 2009.  Here are the patterns:

Hope you all have a productive week, myself included.  Here's a little bit of lava rock fun!  I'm glad to be smiling again! 

13 comments:

Handmade said...

Stomach flu doesn't sound like fun! Glad that you're over it and fighting fit (as your four mile run has proven).

bg-booms said...

Stomach flu is so distressing... Take care!

I love the second outfit - it is very feminly

sewing spots said...

I like the lava rock fun! Glad you feel better. Don't overdo it!

Karin said...

A tummy bug is the worst! I am glad you are feeling better now.

Cissie said...

Glad you're feeling better. I had that "crud" last week and am glad to have gotten it out of my system! However, you get more done while sick than I get done on my best day!

Vanessa said...

Sorry to hear about the flu! Glad you are feeling better! I enjoy your projects!

Rosy said...

I hope you are recovered, the stomach flu is horrible. So now to restore the defect in the sewing, yep.

Sue said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been sick, hope you are feeling much better and that the others in the house all stay well!!
I've seen that Kwik Sew skirt pattern and wondered how it made up. Your versions look lovely. Knit skirt are so comfortable.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Nice to hear you are feeling better.

Love your outfits.

Kyle said...

So glad you're feeling better Shannon! I'm sending healing energy your way!
LOVE the lava rock smiley face!

Julia said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad you are feeling much better!

Caroline said...

Oh, yucks for the stomach flu. We had the "real" flu in January and it was a couple of weeks before I felt like my old self running. Hope you bounce back quickly!