What can I say, this is another winner from Jalie! I love the ease of construction, the near perfect fit, and the shape and warmth of the neckline! The bodice front is a double layer of fabric. I made a size "S", but I really should have gone one size up since my fleece does not have a lot of stretch. I can get this on and off, but not without a bit of difficulty. Once on, it feels great! It would be a perfect base layer for snowboarding!
I have had the fleece since my sons were quite young. I originally planned a jacket for one of them, but never got around to it. I matched the stripes on the side, front, and upper back, but didn't try to match the stripes on the sleeves. Amazingly, they came out looking okay. I used a metal zipper with navy blue twill tape, because I happened to have it in my stash. I actually like the metal look with this. I started to top-stitch around the zipper and along the neck edge, but was concerned I wouldn't like the result. You can see that the short line of ripped out top-stitching left an indentation in the fabric near the left front zipper. I will wash the top and see if that takes care of it, but if not, I may go ahead and top-stitch all the way around.
Burda 7890 View D
You may recognize these pants as the same ones I made for my knit PJ's back in June. This time I added the front pockets, lowered the crotch depth 1/4", took in the side seams 1/2", and took in the center back seam about 5/8" near the top. I made these adjustments based on the type of fabric I used. The pants are made out of a double knit from The Sewing Studio. The Sewing Studio has a twice yearly sale, I believe, where they discount remnants significantly. I picked up about 1 3/8 yards of this navy for $8.22, if I remember right, to experiment with. I wasn't sure I would like it. I do.
It is a medium weight, that doesn't have a lot of stretch, and feels like cotton. The stiffer drape lends itself well for nicely fitted knit pants that don't require a zipper since there is some stretch. To keep my waistband flat I did not add a drawstring, but used 1" wide elastic instead. I put most of the gathering of the elastic in the back, again, to keep the front flat. I top-stitched the waistband with my coverstitch machine, but used my regular machine to top-stitch the pockets. I am so pleased with the fit, comfort, and style of these.