Friday, January 28, 2011

Pattern Palooza and Other Odds and Ends

I have a few minutes this morning to contemplate the weekend, and I am feeling inspired by some new patterns and fabric swatches.  I took advantage of an online Butterick sale after seeing some awesome versions of a few of these patterns by other sewing bloggers. 

The hardest part is deciding which one should be first!  But before I can even begin one of these, I have a paid sewing job to accomplish, and that will take up some of my weekend sewing time. 

In other news, I am taking all three sons to see Ulalena in Lahaina this morning.  Everyone who has seen the show says it is remarkable.  I am grateful our homeschool group could get discounted tickets.  Also, since none of the boys are participating in a sport this season, I decided to get them out running with me for the time being.  We are starting off slowly.  They went from comfortable airy slippers to hot, confining, running, shoes.  Oh the injustice!  Enjoy your weekend!   And thank you for all your thoughts and comments on the zebra dress.  It is already a favorite!   

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Have a great sewing weekend! In fact, I hope to do the same!

Kyle said...

I have my eye on some of those Buttericks too! Joann's is having a Butterick sale soon--I just got my flyer in the mail today.

I have walked past Maui Theater!
Love the flip flop/running pictures!
I take cardio and toning classes at the gym but have no idea how far I can run. Maybe it's time to find out!

Alexandra Mason said...

Great new patterns! Have a lovely weekend.

Mave said...

Have fun with your boys, and yes the zebra dress looked really great. Enjoy your sewing.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Wonderful pattern choices.

Have fun running with your boys :)

Sue said...

Have fun running with your boys and enjoy the sewing time you get.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see which pattern you decide to start first. :-) Also, I was wondering what type of schedule/program/timing you were running with your children. We homeschool as well, and I was thinking of running with my older children - I'm a baby runner, so am looking for ideas. :-)
El

j.kaori said...

Have a wonderful weekend! I love your zebra dress from your previous post --- the print and style are fantastic!

Handmade said...

PAID swing job - good for you! Hope your boys are still running!

Debbie said...

Well done on getting the boys out running. I thought the four of you might also enjoy this each day too http://www.pausercise.net. Funny enough today's post has a Hawaiian theme!

I've now made my Jalie skort and top and love them. You can see them in the video.

Myra said...

Nice pattern selections! Can't wait to see them all made up! Congratulations on your paid sewing job! Love the flip flop pictures...too cute!

Caroline said...

Oh, goose has been running with me, at least before we got sick. The only frustrating thing is how FAST those young ones get in shape. Amazing.

kathy said...

I like the flipflop/running shoes photo. Three cheers for getting three children to do the same thing at the same time!

velosewer said...

You have a great selection of patterns to be inspired by.