Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Hear Tell...

...there's a zebra in the midst.  Not your typical African variety.  No, this one is distinctively Maui.  It has the stripes and long legs, but the hoofs exhibit bright pink spots and the hindquarters are branded with New Look 6948.  What could it mean...

 ...silly me...it's only a dress!

I forgot to mention a couple of caveats when I posted the first version of this pattern.  I made the size 8 based on the finished bust size, but in order for the armholes to fit, I had to trim the lower portion of the front and back by about 1/2".  Therefore, I lengthened the armhole band about 1".  Also, the neckband is to be sewn in a 3/8" seam, but the armholes are sewn in a 5/8" seam.  If you decide to forgo the instructions, oh no not me, don't forget they are different!  This pattern is destined to be my new "Throw on, Head out the door, Tackle anything that comes my way" dress, so you may see a few versions of this sprinkled throughout the new year!

PS:  I appreciate every thought and well wish regarding the Burda dress and my Etsy shop.  Mahalo and have a smooth rest of the week!
Close-up of the design details.

30 comments:

Gordita said...

I love this! The print is so so fun!

Jane M said...

This is the perfect island dress. Fabulous pairing of fabric and pattern that looks terrific on you.

Lisa said...

I really must buy this pattern. Another winner !

Dei said...

Very cute. Love the print.

Sue said...

Hi Shannon, I love this dress, it looks fantastic! And the green wall behind looks good too!!
Great to have a pattern that you know looks flattering and is easy to sew up.

Lori said...

Fantastic dress, what a fun fabric.

Sheila said...

The dress looks great on you and good fabric choice.

Faye Lewis said...

Great looking dress. Glad I have the pattern already!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Great dress! I bought this pattern for the top but now love
the dress too :)

Adrienne said...

Great dress! I love that print!

mom said...

L@@KS VERY Good on you! Gives that boy figure (you say that, not me)of yours, some hips!!! Woo-Hoo! Love the print and makes me want to go to Africa, my dream, even more! ...we could go shopping for fabric!!!

MushyWear said...

Ha Ha, Thanks mom! Sue - Thought I would change it up a bit and take pics in front of my green wall! My beige wall works but is kind of boring. Maybe I will make it outdoors for a photo shoot sometime!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

The print is really eyecatching! I like it!

Irene said...

Lovely. Looks so easy to wear and comfy. Really makes me wish for summer.

bg-booms said...

The dress is so cute! It is a real Safari dress!

Vanessa said...

This is one of my favorites that you have made! It not only looks great, but I bet it is comfy as well!

Uta said...

I love a classy animal print, and this fits the bill. You look great! Good luck from me, too, with your Etsy endeavor. You have so much sewing mojo, I think it's a good idea to share a bit with the rest of the world!

Sherry said...

This looks so lovely, and so comfortable for hot days - awesome!

Ann Brodsky said...

Incredibly cute! Got to get this pattern!

Trudy Callan said...

Fun print. Love the details, especially the pleats around the neckline.

knottygnome said...

very cute dress! it looks so comfy

Alexandra Mason said...

Its wonderful, i love it!

gwensews said...

I love animal prints, and this dress is so cute made in zebra!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

So adorable! I love the print and the shape is so flattering (again jealous you can wear this style, this pear shape cannot).

Rosy said...

The dress looks great on you, it´s wonderful!!

Angela said...

Super cute! I love the zebra print!

Myra said...

Okay Shannon... I am officially envious!!! I have this pattern & have not made it yet. Your version is absolutely FABULOUS! I love the fabric, the print and the fit on you...everything is just perfect. I can see why this might be your new favorite! It may just be mine too!! I hope it was a quick one to sew because I'm off to make my muslin now!

Myra said...

By the way... Congratulations on your Esty Shop!

Lisette M said...

Another great version of this pattern!

Cennetta said...

No zebra is right, but a cute, stylish comfortable dress for sure.