Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Look of a Vest

I've been thinking about vests.  It seems they are turning up everywhere lately.  Several months ago I saw this image in an issue of  People Style Watch magazine.  I just love this look.  I have fabrics in my stash which I could use create my own version.




Then I saw this in a recent J.Jill catalog.  For the holiday season, velvet with a long sleeve white top is a nice option.

I have a feeling you might think I'm crazy, but I can't stop thinking about these two vest looks either...even the harem pants!
Image from Burda Style 7/2010
Image from Burda Style 7/2010

I do have a few patterns from which to choose my next project, in addition to my Burda Style magazine patterns.  Have you seen Ann's and Erica's version of V1214, or Lindsay T's version of Burda 7499...very tempting.  I hope to make a decision today so I can begin.  
 
I am also planning a holiday dress or separates look for a Christmas date night on the 18th.  I have been sewing, but I cannot reveal what I am working on yet.  How is your December sewing coming along? 
Christmas colors Maui Style!

7 comments:

Christiana said...

Great Ideas! I'm glad to see that vests are back. I've been thinking about some of the halter style vests (for example butterick 4815 view C). I think that vests would make great wardrobe builders

Christiana
sewamusing.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

I can totally see you in the vest look! And now you have my curiosity piqued ---can't wait to see what you're sewing for your date on the 18th.

Sue said...

Very, very slowly. I seem to be filling my days with non-sewing stuff at the moment. Hoping to get back into it soon. I think your vest project sounds great.

Eugenia said...

I love the vest look - I know you will great in yours, whichever style you choose! I'm afraid that my December sewing isn't coming along very well at all - too many other things to do at this time of the year.

Wendy H. said...

I especially like V1214. It seems very flattering for most body types. Can't wait to see what you whip up! Random question inspired by your pictures of Maui: Have you always lived in Hawaii? If not, what brought you there? I've just never really known anyone living in Hawaii and am curious. :)

Vanessa said...

I think you would wear a vest well! You may give me ideas as well, since I am not a fashionista.

Handmade said...

Great vest pics - interesting!