Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two More Down - I Made It!

I have to say thank you to Ann for having the brilliant idea for a jammie sew along this weekend.  It sure gave me the incentive I needed to make my boys some cuddly long-legged versions for this winter.  Now that I have their patterns traced out, I'll be on the lookout for 3 more cute flannels to make them one more pair next month.

Here are my final two pairs.  The first one is for my oldest DS.  He just wanted plain, red, flannel, pants.  I noticed working with this color red made my eyes feel funny, so I am glad I am done with them!  I made the XL, but used 5/8" seams instead of the 1/4" allowance.  They came out a bit slimmer, which is what I wanted.  The Kwik Sew pattern envelope can be found in my previous post.

I used New Look 6005, view D to make my pj pants.  I cut the size 10 and took in an extra 1/2" on the side seams.  I like how they turned out.  The crotch curve fits well without any adjustments.  I also like the waistband height.  The pattern states they are to be worn 1" below your natural waist.  I made two buttonholes on the front casing for my drawstring.  I am showing them with my shirt tucked in so you can see the details, but I will wear them with my shirt on the outside. 
The thermal shirt is rtw from PacSun.  I wanted to show you this neat double cuff.  I will recreate this somewhere in my sewing adventures.   There is also a rectangular gusset under the arm, starting from the cuff and ending at the shirt hem.

I thought I'd leave you with a sample of the size of foliage you can see here in Maui.  This was taken yesterday on our hike.  Impressive eh?  I'm not sure what is next in the sewing queue, but I am going to have fun thinking about about it, and I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.  Have a fantastic week everyone!

20 comments:

Sewtellme said...

You look so comfortable, just the kind of things I'm looking for to wear while at home taking care of baby. It's been in the low 30's here so I love the idea of wearing a thermal top with the pants. Thanks for keeping me and Raven in your thoughts.

Sue said...

I like your pyjama pants!

Uta said...

Your pajamas sure look comfy; maybe I ought to try some, too! I love your outdoor shots, please keep them coming - nothing like a little Maui fantasy to keep me warm in mid-European winter weather!

PAOLA said...

BRAVISSIMA COME SEMPRE BELLI LAVORI E BER RIFINITI COMPLIMENTI....GRAZIE DELLA TUA RISPOSTA..MA DIMMI COSA INTENDI QUANDO DICI MANGIARE BENE....NIENTE FRITTI,DOLCI,FORMAGGI...COSA MANGI CARNE, PESCE FRUTTA E VERDURA....
DIMMI UN TUO ESEMPIO DI GIORNATA COSA MANGI A COLAZIONE PRANZO E CENA.....TI AMMIRO MOLTISSIMO SIA COME PERSONA SIA PER I TUOI STUPENDI LAVORI....ATTENDO RISPOSTA GRAZIE MILLE.

Caroline said...

oh, that plant is amazing! wow.

You'll have fun memories of this weekend I bet every time you pull out those pants. does it get that cold? My dad worked on Johnston island (About 800 miles sw of you guys) for about 8 years and he said it was pretty much 80 degrees all the time. .... I like the print on yours, it's really fun! And such a gratifying project to be done quickly.

Anonymous said...

I had to comment about the plant. . .just last week I saw one similar at the local walmart - but it was only about six inches tall, and I doubt that it would grow much in our cold climate!

Love how all the pajamas turned out - very cozy.
El

Vanessa said...

Your PJs look wonderful! I know all of you will be having sweet dreams in your new jammies!

a little sewing on the side said...

Great pj pants for everyone.
That RTW shirt is sweet. If I had that and it fit me that well, I would try to copy the pattern and sew more of them. The gusset seems to make for a very nice fit.

Joy said...

It's fun for me, too, to see the foliage. It's a nice change from the snow, snow, snow, here which is bound to last another 5 months.

Great idea to crank out a bunch of pajamas while you're in the mode. We all need jammies here, too!

BeckyW said...

Coming out of lurkdome to say I love reading your blog. Loved the post about the waterfall. We found a waterfall to swim at here in Alabama (though quite a distance away from us) this past summer and just loved it. Yours looks incredible. There is nothing like swimming below a waterfall. We must come to Maui one day and see this one. We've gone to Hawaii twice. Once since the kids and have only done Oahu and the Big Island. Loved, loved, loved the Big Island. I think we would love Maui too.

MushyWear said...

Thank you for coming out of lurkdome BeckyW. Great to hear from you. I know you would love Maui. I like the Big Island too. It's much bigger and more rugged feeling. I'm glad you all enjoy the pictures of the island. I will keep sharing what I think you might find interesting.

Handmade said...

That's one giant plant specimen!! Cute jammies all round!

sewing spots said...

Congrats on the pajama sewing! Love the Hawaii photos. Thanks for sharing-

Lisette M said...

Congratulations on finishing all your pjs. I will have to make a pair for my boys soon.

Kyle said...

That is a HUGE plant!
Congrats on finishing the jammies--I knew you would do it! No doubt!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That is a really bright red! I think I would start seeing things after a while. Love your floral pjs!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

LOve your pj's. The print is so nice.

WOW that is a huge plant! What fun to take a walk and see such beautiful plants.

Christiana said...

Lovely pajamma pants. The fabric is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the great photos. We're all wrapped up in fleece to stay warm here in Canada.

Take Care,
Christiana
sewamusing.blogspot.com

velosewer said...

Nice pjs. The detailing is very professionally sewn too. That plant is amazing. We only get weeds like that :)

amber said...

I really like your jammies - such a fun print.