Saturday, November 27, 2010

Two Down - Two to Go and a Hike


Triple boy energy...must...find...way..to...temporarily...deplete.  We decided to take a hike to Twin Falls near Haiku.  This is a short, less than 30 minutes, hike right off the Hana Highway that leads to two different water falls.  You can swim in both pools and enjoy the water beating down on your head if you wish!  I've witnessed young males jumping from the top of both and coming up without injury, but I wouldn't recommend that.  I don't think the pools are safely deep enough and I cringe when I see them do this.  We enjoyed seeing people from all over the world visiting the area today. 
Take the path to the left to find this one.

Take the path to the right to find this one.
Guess what?  It wasn't the boys who needed the short nap when we got home!  But I did manage to get two sets of PJ pants finished this evening.  Two more to go.  I think I'm going to make it!  I did my best to match the plaid on all the seams.  Both pairs have lots of wiggle room and are extremely soft.  The boys refused to take them off after the photo shoot!  I think that's a good sign.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Cute jammies. Those boys still don't look tired-they're not lounging horizontally. I enjoyed the pictures of the waterfalls-my husband surprised me with a trip to Kauai last summer when I retired. It was magical.

Sue said...

Great pj's. My boy (20) has a pair of pyjama pants that I made him and they are worn all the time. It's a nice feeling to know they are appreciated. It looks like your boys certainly appreciate theirs.

RuthieK said...

Love the PJ pants, need to make some for myself....

Handmade said...

Totally cute PJ's - and wow! waterfalls!

a little sewing on the side said...

aw, how cute! That would make me happy, too, if they decided to keep wearing them after the photo-shoot. Lovely scenery!

Gorgeous Things said...

I envy your hikes! And the jammie pants look great!

Kyle said...

That's a great story!
Glad you liked my Hawaiian fireplace--there's more Hawaiian stuff in my living room that I will reveal this week. :)

sownbrooklyn said...

They look great!! I finished 9 out of the 11 I planned! I won't make that many at once again, though.

Alexandra Mason said...

They look wonderful! i need some new snuggly pjs think i will try and make some this week. Hope you have a lovely week!

Irene said...

Lucky you to have such gorgeous places to hike. Love the jammies. The frogs are still my favourite!

Caroline said...

Oh Shannon! How fun! Your waterfall pool reminds me of a place I used to hike frequently in upstate south carolina - after climbing up and down the mountain (2000 feet elevation change in a little over 3 miles) there was a pool similar to yours - and cold from the mountain springs - so refreshing on a hot summer day! Of course, not usable year round like yours. :) I found this weekend alot of "free" time was also taken off running off little boy energy :) probably off to do some more of that this afternoon!

Thanks for your notes on the length of the running skirt - I'm planning to do the hot pants underneath as I used to looooove racing in bun huggers, so the bending over would be a bit more ... ahem, revealing than yours! I will definitely have to measure. I'm really really excited about making some sport clothing. Who knows, maybe I'll make a top at some point!

Your PJ's are lovely. Yes, of course, not taking them off is a very good sign. :) Have a good sunday!

Vanessa said...

I like the PJs! I'm sure your boys will wear them often!

mom said...

Oh yes! Awesome.....but I think they would work better in Canada....bring'em on along with the boys and you in them! Great job! Great colors and fabric!

velosewer said...

Great pjs. Those boys have a great mum.