Friday, November 26, 2010

PJ Sew-Along Progress

Thank you for your thoughts on my last outfit.  I am planning to wear it Sunday.  Here is my progress for the PJ Sew-Along this weekend.  I'm looking forward to sewing up this new pattern; New Look 6005.  I have more plans for it in the future, and this is a good way to test drive it!  The boys are getting flannel pants made with Kwik Sew 3042Beth asked if it really got cold enough upcountry for flannel PJ's.  For us, the answer is yes.  Anytime it drops to 68 or below we are chilled.  I guess our blood has gotten pretty thin living here!  So from now until about the beginning of March they will come in handy.

Paola also asked a couple of questions in Italian.  I'll do my best to answer what I think was asked.  I have a Brother sewing machine that I do most of my sewing on.  I also have a Brother serger I use to finish my seams on wovens.  I don't use it very often on my knits.  I have a digital Viking that I rarely use, because it does not sew very well.  I have to find someone who can actually fix it.   I also have a Janome coverstitch machine I use often for topstitching my knits.  Running does keep me in shape and I try to eat healthy foods most of the time.  I did enjoy eating too much traditional Thanksgiving day food today and yesterday, however!  I try to sew a couple of hours every day.  I hope I've answered your questions and thank you so much for stopping by to visit.  I really appreciate everyone who does.  How are your jammies coming along? 

8 comments:

Carol said...

Gosh, you have been busy with your PJ's! I have most of mine done except for the finish areas and I'll get that done tomorrow....I hope!

a little sewing on the side said...

Cute! You and I worked on the same thing today. PJ pants! They are fun and easy, aren't they?

Sue said...

The PJ's are looking good!
Lovely bright fabrics.

Kyle said...

Looking good! I bet you'll have them all done before the day is done!

I'm going to start sewing my top soon!

sownbrooklyn said...

Last night, I cut out 11 bottoms. Two each for the kiddies, 2 for me and 1 for the hubby (his require a lot more fabric than ours). I have high hopes of getting them all done, but will be happy with one pair for each of us.

Vanessa said...

I like the fabrics, especially the floral one!

Handmade said...

Looks like great progress - it's really good to sew multiples of the same thing - especially for PJs - can't imagine it for our fashion items ....have fun!

Caroline said...

I love the picture of all the pieces cut out - all different sizes. :)

I hear you about thin blood ... I can clearly remember going out for long runs in college when it was about 30 degrees, in shorts, Tshirt, and gloves and hat and being totally comfortable. Now if it's around 40 I'm usually in tights and definitely have at least long sleeves and/or a windbreaker ... and at 50 I'm usually wearing the gloves and hat already.