Sunday, November 21, 2010

PJ Fabric Round-Up

I hope you all have had an enjoyable weekend.  I sure do appreciate all your encouraging thoughts on my anniversary and the dress!  I have some fabric to share.  Remember I said I would be participating in Ann's PJ Sew-Along next weekend?  Well one out of two tasks has been accomplished to prepare for that.  I've got my fabric!  The other task is choosing the patterns.   I plan to make pj's for myself and my three boys.  They all could use a long pair of flannel pants.  I'm not sure if I will make tops for the boys this time around.  Here is the fabric all lined up in birth order from the left.  Two of these were already in my stash.  Yay.
I thought I would make some fall/winter themed ones for myself, but I fell in love with this quilting cotton I found locally.  I'm fairly certain I will be making long drawstring pants out of it.  I also found two rtw thermal shirts, with neat design details, on sale that match perfectly, so I won't be making a top.
I am glad so many people plan to participate in this.  It will be fun to see what everybody comes up with!  I only wish distance didn't separate us all.  How fun it would be to have steamy hot cider, girl talk, and buzzing machines all in one room for a day!  

9 comments:

Kyle said...

Very cool. I like the plaid (I'm normally not into plaid) and the quilting cotton. My fabric is Juicy Couture sweatshirt fabric, and probably a TNT sleepshirt pattern. Guess I should blog about it, right? LOL!

I might make a new pair of pjs for my duck in my living room, stay tuned! I should do a photo tour of my Hawaiian living room--the duck is just about the only thing that doesn't 'go'.

sewing spots said...

Pajama making is so gratifying! Hope you enjoy it--sounds fun. Congrats on the anniversary celebration--great dress!

My Daily Creation said...

I signed on to the pajama sewing! Going to make some for me and my girls. Can't wait!

:)

Sue said...

Steamy hot cider, girl talk and buzzing sewing machines all sound great!!

Irene said...

LOVE the froggies! I won't be sewing pj's this week-end, because I have more pressing needs, but yes, it would be wonderful if everyone could get together to sew. You'd need an AWFULLY BIG room, though, given the scope of some of our blog lists!

Caroline said...

oooh, that does sound fun, the real life pj party ... once a month our church does a craft night, and it really is like that, though most of the girls scrapbook, there are a few of us who bring our machines. It's so much fun!

I love your floral print! I love quilting cotton in general, all the lovely prints. Thank goodness I feel no taboos about using it for clothing! :) Have a good day!

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

so cute, but no pajamas for me this year - too many other projects on my to-do list. but wondering . . . I have spent many winters in your beautiful state but never worn flannel pajamas? chilly there upcountry?
and belated thanks for the link in a previous post on the great fabrics for grown-ups at Fabric Fairy, just what I have been looking for.
Happy thanksgiving, Beth

Carolyn said...

I love the fabric you've chosen for yourself, and the fabric for the boys is fun! I wish I could join in too, but I've just recently finished my pj's for this season... Ooh, a sewing get-together would be awesomely fun!!

Alexandra Mason said...

Love your Pj fabric! Hope you have a lovely week.