Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just One More

I think I'm going to make it.  One more outfit before PJ time this weekend.  Here are my fabrics.  I am making another separates ensemble.  The black fabric was listed as a rayon gabardine and came from FFC.  I have my doubts about the fabric content, but am happy with how it looks, feels, and drapes.  The animal print is a polyester satin charmeuse from Fabric.com.  The black fabric has already been transformed into this:
The skirt pattern is from the Burda Style 12/2009 issue, just like my last dress.  The blouse will be a bit more complicated as I am using three different patterns to achieve my desired look.  Let's hope it works out or you may only be seeing the skirt!  How about a tranquil shot to close out the night or to awaken the day...may it be a peaceful one.
Looking into the Pacific Ocean from Upcountry Maui.
 

14 comments:

Sue said...

Shannon, what a lovely view!
I'm looking forward to seeing your outfit, and also your pj's by the end of the weekend!!

nette said...

oh, what a beautiful view! wish I could see it myself! you are really lucky to live at such a beautiful place!

Irene said...

What a gorgeous view! You certainly have an ambitious sewing list for one week-end. Good luck with the blouse - you can do it. Can't wait to see the results.

Linda said...

I like the look of the skirt pattern. Great view, glad you shared that with us. I love tropical weather and tropical landscapes!

knottygnome said...

ooh, love the fabric combo. can't wait to see the finished outfit.

My Daily Creation said...

Such a beautiful picture! I look forward to seeing your ensemble. I am embarrassed to admit that I never thought about mixing patterns to create your own new look... I like that idea!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

:)

Becky

Eugenia said...

Looking forward to seeing your new outfit - I am always amazed by your industriousness and skill! I love that beautiful view.

Caroline said...

wow, you are so productive! Love the sunset ... gorgeous. I'm going to figure out how to get more sewing done, I am!!

Kyle said...

Can't wait to see your Frankenpattern!
Gorgeous view. It was two years ago this week that I was on Maui! We stayed in Kehei.

Carolyn said...

Magnificent view!!
I'm looking forward to seeing your new outfit; those fabrics are beautifully sophisticated.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

This will be a beautiful outfit!

What a gorgeous and peaceful view.

Christiana said...

What a lovely outfit! I really...really...really like the skirt. You did a great job. I also enjoy seeing your photos of Maui, keep them coming. I'm hoping one day I'll get to see Maui in person. In the meantime, keep the photos coming.

Christiana
sewamusing.blogspot.com

Myra said...

I really like this outfit Shannon! The fabric for your blouse is fabulous! You did a wonderful job with this! Just gorgeous! (and the young ones don't know what they're talking about!)

velosewer said...

Great skirt and top. You've done a great job on each piece again. You live in such a beautiful spot of the world.