Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vogue 8561 Finished

I want to take a minute to say thank you for all your words of encouragement on the fixes I made to my Hot Pattern dress and Burda trousers!  I have worn both this week.  In other news, the stomach flu is afoot in my house.  My oldest DS has been very ill since 3:00 a.m.  I am hoping it will stay contained to one family member.  No school for us today.  In between caring for him, my youngest DS has helped me with photos of Vogue 8561.  He did a great job, considering he is so young and he has a difficult camera to work with. Look quick, because if I catch the flu, I don't think I will be smiling for long! 

I love these cropped pants!  All of my alterations are listed in the previous post and I used a pumpkin colored linen from Fabric-store.com.  I am showing them with a sleeveless blouse made from Butterick 6085, in a linen/cotton blend.  The top has shell buttons.  I've mentioned this pattern before here.
Here are some of the fun details:

The leg cuffs have a slight point to them on the outside seam.  The darts are made on the outside.  The pant legs have two segments with topstitching where they are joined.


Invisible zipper instead of lapped with hook and eye enclosure at the top.  Topstitching along the waistband.

Front pockets.  Check out that stainless steel ring I snagged at Ross.  Couldn't resist.

Here they are styled for fall weather with my Jalie 2794 knit top.

Here are the pattern envelopes again:


Thanks for stopping by to have a look.  I am currently wearing these and they are so comfy.  Anybody else watching Project Runway tonight?

24 comments:

Kyle said...

Hope your son feels better soon and that it's confined, like you said, to him!
Great job on the pants, very appropriate color for this time of year.
I will watch PR tonight or online tmw night. Mondo for the win!!!

Jana said...

Cute! I love following your blog - you sew so much, so frequently! It's awesome! I'm so happy I found this blog, I'm learning a lot.

Julia said...

Another winning outfit! I'll bet all your friends are jealous of you!
Hope your son is well quickly and that no one else gets sick. Yuck!

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

I luhv the color of these!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

I sure hope your son feels better soon and that you don't get it.

Love this outfit! The pants are such a great style.

Irene said...

Those pants look beautiful! No fair showing us "summer" clothes - I'm trying to think how many layers I can put on and not look like Michelin man, and it's not yet REALLY cold. Please don't catch the flu.

Jane M said...

Those yummy pumpkin pants look so wonderful on you that Vogue should use them to show great fit and cool details. Hope you are just the nurse and not the patient this week.

Tasia said...

Gorgeous, summery colour!
Hope the lil one gets well soon :)

NĂ³ra said...

Cute pants especially with knit top.
I hope your son feel better soon.

It's good to read about your climate because our fall is very cold. It's freezing.

Carolyn said...

Oh, I hope you don't get sick, and that your son is feeling better soon. But on another note, those pants are gorgeous! The colour is so beautiful. And I reckon a brightly coloured garment often turns out to be very versatile and useful in the wardrobe!

Handmade said...

Sorry to hear about the illness. Those are great pants - they look great on you!

Karin said...

Stomach flue is the worst. I hope you stay well yourself.

Your pants are really cute! They also really make me realise that you are on a tropical island while I am going into deepest autumn in Northern Europe- boo! They look great.

Uta said...

Ugh, stomach flu is the worst. I hope your son is on the mend! The pants are great, such a cheerful color. I like them best with the dark top; the combination really makes your hair color pop!

Alexandra Mason said...

They look wonderful and i love them with your black top. Hope your son is better soon and that noone else gets it. I can't get project runway here as we don't have cable any more :( I only want it so i can watch that.

Wendy H. said...

Hi Shannon,
I have been following your blog only recently, probably the last two weeks or so. It's great that you post so frequently, thank you! I am wondering, how often do you complete a project? By the looks of it you're always working on something. How do you do it? Do you have any secrets or tips??? I am seriously interested in knowing more about your sewing... :) Way to go!

Vanessa said...

The pants you made look really good. The color is nice, and I love them paired with the black knit top and scarf!

While your family is battling the stomach flu, we are battling colds at my house. I hope your sons feel better!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I like the unusual shape and I love the color!

Eugenia said...

Fabulous pants - I love all the interesting details and the colour is gorgeous. I do hope your son recovers quickly - the stomach flu is horrible!

Caroline said...

I like Hawaii "winter". Even here I can't wear capris in the winter, lol! What a fun color. And it matches your ring! I like that sleeveless blouse too ... does it have a collar stand?

Linda said...

Like Caroline's comment, I like Hawaii Winter! Great pants. Hope your son is better.

Susan said...

Fabulous outcome!

nette said...

I love your new pants. This pumpkin color is adorable and so warm and bright. Your DS did a good job with the photos! ;) I like the last photo best. Hope you all will get well soon!

Sue said...

Lovely pants, I've overlooked that pattern ;)
I hope your son recovers soon, from the flu, and that no-one else gets it.

Angela said...

Ooo.. great outfit! I love the color of the pants!! Hope you're son gets better soon!