Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sneak Peek #7 - Perfectly Pumpkin



Autumn, my absolute favorite time of the year.  How could I resist harmonizing the artsy cropped trousers of Vogue 8561 with a perfectly pumpkin-colored linen?  Not me.  This combination makes me smile!  I had high hopes for minimal fit issues, especially after my last project, but hopes were all that materialized.  It's been slow going, but I've achieved a near perfect fit after making up a muslin.  I have a sneak peek for you tonight. I started with the size 6, because it was closest to my hip size.  Here is my altered tissue:
I've shortened the front crotch length about 1", widened the waist 3 inches by adding to the side seams and narrowing the back dart, added 2" to the overall length, removed nearly 2 1/2" from the inseam (1/2" off the front and 3/4" off the back) near the crotch in order to decrease the hip width, and changed the shape of the back crotch curve.  It was a bit of work, but I'm excited to show you the results, possibly tomorrow.....

8 comments:

Irene said...

Keeping us in suspense, are you? Can't wait to see the results on you! Those hems look very interesting.

Shellie said...

I can't wait to see these - I have this pattern and am ready to cut out the skirt but I love the pants too. :) good luck!

Marybeth said...

OOO! Pretty color! Can't wait to see...

Caroline said...

wow, what a lot of work! I'm eager to see this...

Vanessa said...

The pretty pumpkin color gets me in the mood for Thanksgiving and eating! I'm sure your pants will be edible, I mean, beautiful!

Alexandra Mason said...

Can't wait to see! I love the colour.

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

LOvely color!

Julia said...

When I was a teen and worked in a fabric store, the other employees would always save the "orangey" fabrics for me to see before putting them out for the customers. I love orange.