Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Hot Pattern and a Hot Day

Thank you for all your lovely comments on New Look 6000.  I wore the dress to church on Sunday and must say how comfortable it was.  The fabric is silky soft on the inside and the little bit of stretch made it so comfortable.  I am definitely planning to make another version in black. 

I have some "rugrat" sewing to do.  All three boys could use some new sweat pants and when Baby I's brother saw the Ooga Booga outfit, he thought it might be for him, and wanted to try it on.  He wears a 4T.  Needless to say, that just wouldn't work.  However, I do have some more cute, toddler, boy, fabric that would be perfect for him.

The next project for me is going to be Hot Pattern 1090.  I found some nice quality charcoal heather knit and closely matching ribbing that will work perfect.  Doesn't this look like a comfy, yet stylish dress? I will probably make the elbow-length sleeve version.
On Sunday, we spontaneously stopped by Kanaha Beach Park to enjoy our lunch before heading home.  This is a prime location for kite-boarders and wind-surfers and Sunday was no exception. The ocean was rough and the wind was strong.  This picture is looking toward Kahului Harbor.  Notice the cruise ship?  Two of my boys are just soaking in the scene. 


15 comments:

Kyle said...

I miss Hawaii. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Hawaii!

Kyle said...

I miss Hawaii. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Hawaii!

Vanessa said...

I have never been to Hawaii, but what a lovely view to behold as each day comes!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

What a gorgeous scene to be enjoying.

Joy said...

Beautiful! I'm nearly as far from the ocean as you can get in N. Amer. Although, living next to a lake is pretty nice. Smaller, but still nice (:

Lori said...

Thanks for all the beautiful pictures, amazing views. That Hot Patterns you are going to make is one of my favorites.

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

That does look like a great, comfy casual dress!

Carolyn said...

That is a beautiful view! I wish I could go to Hawaii one day...
Shannon, I drew your name to win my giveaway. Could you send me your shipping address, perhaps if you leave it as a private message on my pattern review profile, would be the best way to do it.
Congratulations, and thankyou for entering!
Also thankyou for your lovely comment about my bathers!

Lisa said...

Wow Hawaii looks beautiful :-))

Alexandra Mason said...

What beautiful photos! Love the hot patterns dress, i was just watching their You Tube videos on different things you can do with their patterns. Have a great day!

velosewer said...

Thanks for the beach pics. They make me want to come back to Hawaii again. I look forward to seeing 1009 come to life.

Ruth said...

I've been absent for a few months from sewing and blog reading, and I must say, I have enjoyed catching up with your sewing projects. I love your style, and your sewing is impeccable.

Cissie said...

I love the HP dress -- have made it twice recently -- and find it the perfect, throw-on, go-anywhere dress. It does run big so you might want to use the smallest size. The long sleeves are a tad short on me, but I have arms like a monkey. Also, it is very "blousey" so you might want to make adjustments depending on the look you want. Can't wait to see your version.

Handmade said...

Great photos!

amber said...

Oh man, I want to go back so bad!!