Friday, October 29, 2010

A Gift From Australia!

Thank you for all the well wishes for myself and my oldest DS.  Good news.  DS is making a rapid recovery and so far, no one else has become ill.  I think he may even be able to play in his 10 a.m. soccer game tomorrow morning.

But the reason for this post is to shout out a big MAHALO to Carolyn over at Handmade by Carolyn.  She recently had a give-away to celebrate her one year blogging anniversary, and I was the lucky winner.  If you haven't checked out her blog you should.  She is a very talented seamstress and knitter, but she also has lots of interesting posts that showcase her sense of style and other hidden talents.  I always enjoy seeing what she has to share with us and you will too! 

I waited until the end of the day to open the package.  I had spent most of the afternoon organizing and cleaning my sewing room.  What a treat to relax and pour over the cute knitting book, dream about how to make up the pattern, and visualize an outfit built around this lovely bracelet.  Thanks again Carolyn.  You made my day!


Julia said...

Glad your son is better! What a wonderful gift!

Caroline said...

Oh, fun! I love Carolyn's blog too ... Actually found yours through hers. I'll be eager to see what you do with these things!

Kyle said...

Yeah that your son is feeling better!
I can't wait to see which Wild Tea Cosie you make!

Handmade said...


Carolyn said...

You are very welcome, or in Aussie speak, no worries!! I'm glad your son is feeling better, and I hope you enjoy these patterns!