I cannot tell you how many times I reworked the top of the dress. I lengthened the sleeves two inches, narrowed the cuff another 3/8", and moved the shoulder seam forward about 3/4". I shortened the width of the collar ribbing but increased the length. I cut out a bit more of the dress to widen the neck opening. Then I proceeded to attach the collar ribbing a number of times until I finally settled on what you see here. I also decided I just didn't like the puff sleeves, so I eliminated the cuff altogether. I added a double row of top-stitching around the neck and hemband with my coverstitch machine for more detail. This dress is finally finished, and I will wear it now. I feel relieved to be able to move on. I am the type of sewer who cannot start a new project if there is another project left undone!
|Iao Needle 2010|