I really had no idea which pattern to try first, but when I saw Eugenia's fabulous skirt, I just had to have one too! So here is another version of #112 from the 6/2010 issue. I cut out the 38 and took the side seams in by a total of 1/2". I used a pear-colored medium weight linen that I pre-washed and dried. It has a fairly loose hand, so it was tricky to get all the seams even, but I am happy with how it turned out. I am showing it with Simplicity 2364.
I'll be the first to admit that I had a difficult time understanding the directions with no photos. Since I have recently made a couple of skirts, I put this together in my own order. I inserted an invisible zipper in the back center seam. I also liked Eugenia's idea of doubling the hem band and folding it up. The bottom edge of the skirt is on the fold. I didn't add any length to the main body of the skirt, but the band is one inch longer.
Here is a close-up of the pocket with no flap. (The color is off) It's like the fold of an accordion. I think I did this part right!
And here it is finished.
And this is a close-up of the pleats on the other side.
And here is a view of the back. The on seam pockets do not lie perfectly flat. I think this that is partly due to how I sewed them and partly due to the loose weave of the fabric. There is no puckering at least and I can live with how they look.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with this first project from the magazine and I do look forward to trying more in the future!