Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Soccer Goals and Fishing Poles
I altered the shorts by taking one inch off the top of the front and back pieces. Otherwise, I find the crotch too low. I used one inch wide elastic for the waist rather than 1.5", which is what the pattern calls for. On the T-shirt I cut 2 inches off the hem, because I found it to be too long. I do hope DS #2 doesn't sprout up too fast this summer, because right now it's a perfect fit. I did all my hems and neckband topstitching with my coverstitch machine. I made the star and rectangle applique by using a template in Microsoft Paint. I fused the appliques to the T-shirt before I did the satin stitch around the edge. This helps stabilize it while stitching. DS loves them both, but only wanted to model one pair. I can go with that.