Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kwik Sew 2761

Kwik Sew 2761 is a great pattern for a simple wrap skirt.  I made this one last summer out of a quilting cotton which I doubled.  The inside and the outside look the same and there are no rough seams inside.  I basically constructed two skirts and placed them wrong side together then finished the hem, front edges, and waist band tie. 

The only thing I noticed on the pattern that was strange, for me, was the placement of the front darts.  They were set too close to the side seam and they were wide and short, which resulted in a sharp point rather than nice shaping.  I ended up drafting my own darts on the front about 2 inches deeper and moved toward the center about one inch.  I also cut about 1 inch off the side seam near the lower half, so that it wasn't as wide at the bottom.  I have worn this skirt so much.  It's shown here with a top from Old Navy.  I have recently pulled the pattern out, because I have a green and purple floral quilting cotton I also want to make up with this pattern.  Summer is definitely here in my neck of the woods.  Today is DS #2's birthday.  It's off to set up the Slip and Slide for his party!  Enjoy your weekend. 

1 comment:

Eugenia said...

What a great summer skirt - I love the style and your fabric is very pretty.